Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chicken floss swiss roll


Chicken floss roll, a difference from the normal sweet swiss rolls

Had a packet of chicken floss left over from CNY which I did not know what to do with, until I found this recipe in a cookbook recently. Bought the chicken floss with the intention of making crispy rolls but somehow never got round to doing it.
The original recipe calls for added spring onions but I omitted it as I had none at home. Have never been very successful with swiss rolls as they tend to crack when rolling, until my sifu told me that I got to bake at 200 deg C for a maximum of 10 mins only, and yes, I used sponge mix.

Ingredients for sponge :
150 g sponge mix
3 eggs
40 g corn oil or melted butter
2 tbsp cold water

Method :
1) Line a 14" x 10" swiss roll tin with grease proof paper
2) Whisk sponge mix, eggs and cold water until fluffy.
3) Fold in corn oil
4) Pour into swiss roll tin and bake at 200 deg C for 20 minutes. Cool.

Making up the swiss roll.
1) Spread sponge with mayonnaise.
2) Sprinkle meat floss on top and roll into a swiss roll.

If meat floss is not available, spread with some jam or kaya, and roll up.

No comments: