Thursday, July 31, 2008
Baking lessons with Andrea - Oreo Cheese Cake
The other cake that Andrea made was an Oreo cheese cake, haha a cake for Oreo cookie lovers. Had to use a 7" sq cake tin as I did not have a 7" dia. round cake tin. Quite an easy cheese cake to make, as there is no baking involved.
Ingredients for the biscuit crust :
1 roll of 150 g Oreo cookies (keep 2 aside)
70 g of unsalted butter (melted)
1) Remove centre filling and set aside) and crush the cookies. (easiest way is to place in a plastic bag and whack with a rolling pin)
2) Mix crushed cookies with melted butter and press into the baking tin. Chill for 1 - 2 hrs in fridge.
Ingredients for cheese filling :
250 g cream cheese
120 g fine sugar
2 pcs of Oreo cookies (remove filling and crushed)
Oreo biscuit filling from above
150 g whipping cream (whipped slightly)
1 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder
80 ml milk
1) Double boil milk and gelatin powder until dissolved.
2) Cream cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the Oreo filling and the 2 crushed biscuit, and the whipped cream. Mix well
3) Add in gelatin mixture and mix well.
4) Pour mixture onto biscuit crust, smooth top and chill in fridge for about 3 hours.
Pipe whipped cream rosettes and place an Oreo cookie in centre as decoration. We did not have any whipped cream left, so we left the top plain.